Blocky Rules – Menu Util – Month dependent blocks

Free domotica! Forums Feature requests Blocky Rules – Menu Util – Month dependent blocks

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  LaplaceII 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

LaplaceII
    Participant

Hello,

for my venitian blinds I would like to set the lamella angle depending on the season (winter: let the sun in, summer: block the sun). Therefore it would be great if there is a possibility to ask in the blocky rules (menu util) for the month or season. Is it possible to realise this as a graphical block? Or is there already a solution which I haven’t seen, except programming it in php etc.?

Would be great to read a feedback!

K.Rens
    Keymaster

Thank you for the idea.
    It’s the first time somebody asks for it.

Why do you want to use the season?
    It can be a very dark and cold summer, and a sunny winter.
    Don’t you want your lamella’s based on the current weather condition instead?

For now all you can do meanwhile is using a custom php block, indeed.

Kind regards,
    K.Rens

LaplaceII
    Participant

Hello,

thanks for your quick reply.
    I would like to use the seasons (or month) and the temperature of the yahoo weather service for the following situations:
    1. Summer (or May to Sep) + sunny weather conditions: Lamellas should block the sun -> keep rooms cool
    2. Winter (or Oct to Apr) + sunny weather conditions: Lamellas should let the sun in -> warm up rooms
    It’s clear that this is also possible with light and temperature sensors. But I thought this would be a solution without sensors. It would be great if you could provide such a blockly rule without programming it in php (I’m not able to do so…).

However meanwhile I recognized that the blocky rules are currently not able to drive my venetian blinds (connected with fibaro roller shutter) time controlled to set the lamella angle (only possible to drive the venetian blinds up and down or to a certain level). Or did I overlook a feature in your blockly rules? I think this option would be great to use the full functionality of venetian blinds. In the Fibaro Home Center its possible to set lamella angle…

Thanks in advance for your quick answer.

K.Rens
    Keymaster

Hi,

Getting the number of the current month is very easy in blocky.
    Just drag in a PHP block and enter following in it:
    $item= date(“n”);

This will write the number 11 (in november) to the variable called item.
    You can then just use under variables the “item” variable in order to know the month.

Lamella angle: checking with Mika

Kind regards,
    K.Rens

K.Rens
    Keymaster

Hi,

I checked with Mika and in the current beta version there is inside blocky / your scenes /manage your scenes checkboxes to display extra parameters inside blocky.
    Then you will probably be able to also change the angle inside blocky.

If you can change the angle now via the z-wave device parameters, it will become available in the advanced blocky.

Kind regards,
    K.Rens

LaplaceII
    Participant

Thanks for your quick replies and your recommendation and outlook…this will help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.