Connecting Philips Hue with ifttt

Free domotica! Forums How can I …? Synology NAS Connecting Philips Hue with ifttt

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  hgravatar 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

hgravatar
    Participant

I want to connect my philips Hue lights to Pulse Station. I only read on the site that I have to use ifttt service. So I’m trying to create that, but I don’t know what to enter in the properties fields. I have a z-wave movement sensor. When that sensor goes on the Hue light needs to go on. How can I get this working. Anyone?

Kind regards, Henri

Mika
    Mika
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can look at the following example : https://www.pulse-station.com/ifttt-service/
    It explain how to send a sms but you can just replace it by the “hue” ifttt service.

Mikael

hgravatar
    Participant

Hi Mikael,

thanks for the link. I’m going to try that.

Kind regards,

Henri

K.Rens
    Keymaster

Fyi: I am working on a hue native integration.
    You can expect it within +/- 1 month.

It’s super hard to develop, as I do not have a Philips Hue and as such I cannot test it.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  K.Rens.

Kind regards,
    K.Rens

hgravatar
    Participant

Hi K.Rens,

Thanks for the update. I can imagine that it’s hard to develop without a Philips Hue system. I’m looking forward to your result!

I’ve got the ifttt method to work though, so in the meantime I will use that.

Kind regards, Henri

K.Rens
    Keymaster

The reason I started the native hue implementation is because I got reports that the iftt method was quite slow.
    Can you confirm it’s slow to respond to your commands?

Fyi: if you have feedback on how to make it clearer, do not hesitate to let us know.

Thank you,
    Koen

Kind regards,
    K.Rens

hgravatar
    Participant

It has some lag. About 3 to 4 seconds. But when I’m turning the lights off or on by using the webservice from hue (my.meethue.com) it has about the same lag. It might be irritating when the light needs to go on when you enter a room, but I haven’t tried that yet.

Kind regards,
    Henri

K.Rens
    Keymaster

Ok, 4 seconds it too long.

I’ve added something new to the store, to try to get testing devices:

As a bonus I will add more then just Hue support, I will also add special effects like candle light, blink, alarm, …

Kind regards,
    K.Rens

Mika
    Mika
    Keymaster

If there is an API (like php script), we can develop a dedicated service to make your HUE more responsive (as the communication will be done on the local network).
    We have to be sure that the API will not use the webservice otherwise you’ll have the same problem.

hgravatar
    Participant

Hi Koen,

I will take a look at the post this week.

Kind regards,

Henri

hgravatar
    Participant

Hello Koen,

any progress on the development of a native Hue support? Since the update of DSM 6 I couldn’t get PulseStation working, so I abandoned the product for awhile. But I managed to get PulseStation working again this week, so I was curious how the development is going. Hope to hear from you. And thanks for the great product.

Kind regards,

Henri

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.