Question about Blockly

Free domotica! Forums Off-Topic Question about Blockly

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  K.Rens 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Maybe
    Participant

I couldn’t find any topic about Blockly specific so I’ll put my questions here.

How complex possibilities are there with the blockly?
    I like similar idea like “Slowly enable/disable lights if it’s still dark” (by K.Rens in sleep Android) but don’t want to install any extra apps on my smartphone.

I’m considering installing PulseStation on a RPi but it is a little bit depending on the possibilities of creating complex scenes.

Or is there any other way to get this done? (Not that I’m able to programm or write scripts)

K.Rens
    Keymaster

Hi,

Using blocky you could for instance increase the lights with 10% every minute, to achieve slowly enabling the lights.
    Is this what you mean?

Kind regards,
    Koen

Kind regards,
    K.Rens

Maybe
    Participant

Hi,

Thx for your reply but not exactly.
    I’m looking for a smooth and gradient light from 0 to 100% (or 100 to 0).
    I want a variable time to realise that and the % light also variable (all triggered by a motion and luxsensor).
    I want to turn on a light (slowly) (triggered by motion) depending on what part of the day and/or how dark it is and depending on those variables how long the light is turned on befor it turns off (dims down).

I’m not looking for wait X seconds then light = + XX%

K.Rens
    Keymaster

Hi,

In blocky you can see what part of the day it is, by using either the time or time in combination with sunset/sunrise from yahoo weather.

The gradual increase/decrease you can most likely do by using the “count i from to by” block.
    Then you can set with how much it should increase over the defined time.
    Note: I haven’t tried that block personally, but that’s how you should be able to use it.

You can also use the lux sensor to define how fast it should increase.
    You can modify the “by” value using a dynamic parameter that you set using the if functions based on for instance time of day.

Kind regards,
    K.Rens

Maybe
    Participant

Thx again.
    Sounds like it is time to prepare my RPi and give it a try.

K.Rens
    Keymaster

No try, no win 🙂

And don’t hesitate to ask us.
    If it cannot be done, we will make it possible quite soon 🙂

Do not hesitate to use in blocky the “add log” block to write debug info to the scene log.
    Makes it easier to test it.

Kind regards,
    K.Rens

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.