Backup Question

Domotica gratuit Forums How can I …? Synology NAS Backup Question

Mots-clés : 

Ce sujet a 2 réponses, 2 participants et a été mis à jour par  jerem, il y a 2 ans et 1 mois.

3 sujets de 1 à 3 (sur un total de 3)
  • Auteur

jerem
    Participant

Hello,

A little question after following the backup tutorial on the blog, I can’t find a directory “PulseStationBackup” but only “PulseStation”. Is it this one that I must save to keep a backup somewhere ? (I’ll have to change my hard disk soon).
    Thanks a lot,
    Regards,
    Jeremy

K.Rens
    Admin bbPress

Hello,

The full path for the backup folder for me is:
    /volume1/web/PulsestationBackup/

If it is empty or does not exist, then no backup is created.

To create a backup:
    1) Inside administration, go to services, backup
    2) Click on the add button and create a new backup (no automatic backups are currently created)
    3) Then after it keeps spinning, you should find new folders and files in the folder mentioned above. This is the backup.

For me it did not work at first, I had to manually create the folder and give it 777 rights (write rights) from within DSM’s file explorer.
    (Right click folder, properties, rights and add user http)

If this is the case for you as well, please let us know, then it’s 2 of us having this issue and then there may be more users affected.

Please keep us posted of your progress.
    Thank you.

Kind regards,
    K.Rens

jerem
    Participant

Ok so… after a few tries, here is how I made it work :
    I manually created the folder “PulseStationBackup” in the web folder (beware of the ‘S’ of Station, it’s a linux system and case sensitive -> did not work without the S), then gave the rights to the user http as you mentioned, and then it’s working.

Thanks for your help, I think more will be affected by this.

3 sujets de 1 à 3 (sur un total de 3)

Vous devez être connecté pour répondre à ce sujet.