synology z-stick.. not working

Domotica gratuit Forums How can I …? Synology NAS synology z-stick.. not working

Ce sujet a 5 réponses, 3 participants et a été mis à jour par  edooleman, il y a 9 mois et 1 semaine.

6 sujets de 1 à 6 (sur un total de 6)
  • Auteur

edooleman
    Participant

Dear reader..

Started my zwave project, realised that I could use my synology as controller, discovered PulseStation, bought a z-stick, gen5 and 1 popp wall plug.
    Initial pairing of wall plug went well, all the leds flashing in happy confirmation.
    Installation of PulseStation on Synology no probplem, installing zwave service on PS also no problem.
    Synology with DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 1: 2016/09/01
    Plugged zstick in synology.
    Found serial port through ssh as described.
    Entered serail port in zwave service, lo and behold! Both devices discovered within seconds. Gave them both a name. (I am very sure that the type of device was listed under type, it is not any more.
    I executed the procedure in the FAQ for DSM6 with regards to 2 versions of PHP.
    … And I think that’s when the connection to the devices have been lost.
    The devices are still listed under zwave,as said without a type, but it seems they are not connecting.
    The z-stick is flashing orange.
    Dont’ know what to do next.. tried to reset the z-stick, no idea how to reverse the php thingy. clicked around to no avail.

By the way, compliments on the whole project! Very impressive.
    I saw that you are looking for a Philips hue bridge, I have an extra lying around, would happily send it over if it would help you. .
    Cheer,
    Edo

edooleman
    Participant

Hello.. any help would be highly appreciated..
    Thanks
    edo

djandib
    Participant

Sorry, I don`t have your kind of stick.
    🙁

edooleman
    Participant

Thanks for replying though.
    I don’t think it’s a problem with the stick though, I am convinced that its in pulse-station and I am convinced that someone with a little more knowledge than me will get it to work in a moment..

K.Rens
    Admin bbPress

Hi,

1) Changing the PHP version should not break the zwave connection.
    That configuration is stored inside the key inside.

2) First always try to reset the configuration of PulseStation for your zwave device
    Services / zwave / controller commands / clear config files
    Then it will rescan all devices and rebuild it
    it will try to autodetect the devices
    this will take several minutes up till about 20 minutes, depending on the amount of devices you have.
    You can see inside the device settings first tab once it’s “complete”, it’s ready.

3) If that doesn’t solve it, try to exclude the devices inside the controller commands and follow the instructions in the manual of the device.

Then include the device again and it should be new and detected.

If then the type is still not recognized, the device is probably quite recent.
    I am working on updating the zwave library.
    Then it will detect a lot of new devices properly.
    It’s coming, stay tuned.

Any support for hue is welcome!
    We have the code, but we cannot test it.

Kind regards,
    Koen

Kind regards,
    K.Rens

edooleman
    Participant

Just had a chat session with Koen. He suggested I clear the log file.

Did you try clearing the config files?
    willl try that right now.
    Services / zwave / controller commands / clear config files
    Then it will rescan all devices and rebuild it
    it will try to autodetect the devices
    this will take several minutes up till about 20 minutes, depending on the amount of devices you have

I only have 2 devices so far so autodect was done very quickly, but, it works now!

So, in summary (and very much for google): If you loose connection between z-stick and synology in pulse-station, it’s worth trying to clear the config file which you can do by going to : Services / zwave / controller commands / clear config files

6 sujets de 1 à 6 (sur un total de 6)

Vous devez être connecté pour répondre à ce sujet.