WeMo?

Ce sujet a 11 réponses, 3 participants et a été mis à jour par Miss Laura Miss Laura, il y a 1 an et 3 mois.

12 sujets de 1 à 12 (sur un total de 12)
  • Auteur

Dancingbear
    Participant

Hi, have just setup on my NAS, but don’t have a clue what to do.

Can pulse station detect my wemo lights? If so, what do I do?

• Ce sujet a été modifié le il y a 1 an et 3 mois par  Dancingbear.

K.Rens
    Admin bbPress

Hi,

PulseStation can detect Wemo lights etc and control them.
    There is however some coding required.

– Either we create a package for you, but then I need to buy a device in order to test it.
    Or you add it yourself by either:
    – create a module for it
    – or add it inside the php blocks inside blocky

It doesn’t sound that hard to add it, but will take me some time to do it properly.

If anybody wants to donate to help me buy testing devices, that would be appreciated 😉

Kind regards,
    K.Rens

Kind regards,
    K.Rens

K.Rens
    Admin bbPress

Sorry, I was already partly sleeping last night 😉

You can already control your WeMo devices using IFTTT service from the Add-ons.
    There is a slight delay, since it goes via IFTTT, but it works.
    My previous message was for really having an internal system built in for WeMo.

Kind regards,
    K.Rens

Dancingbear
    Participant

thanks for the replies.

I think I’ll probably manage setting up IFTTT, but otherwise your answers are assuming familiarity/knowledge of the package, when nothing about it is clear to me – and i’m someone with 30+ years of work in IT depts.

Nothing about the package or how to use it is clear to me, and I doubt I’m the first with that.

• Cette réponse a été modifiée le il y a 1 an et 3 mois par  Dancingbear.
    Miss Laura
    Miss Laura
    Modérateur

What precisely is unclear?
    We are probably to close to it in order to see our mistakes, so any feedback is appreciated.

We have 2 basic developer tutorials, but that just touches the inner working.

Have fun,
    Laura

Dancingbear
    Participant

and you’ve just done it again! You say “We have 2 basic developer tutorials”, but where are they? I can’t guess at this stuff!!

In the first reply above it suggests “create a module for it or add it inside the php blocks inside blocky”. I’m an experienced programmer, so this doesn’t bother me …. but I can’t find any documentation to help me get started with anything of it. How do I do it? Where do i do it? Etc, etc, etc.

Is there a walk-thru example of how, somewhere?

You know everything about it. To me I have a screen where none of it makes any sense.

Dancingbear
    Participant

Just as an example … in the “first steps: configure services” it says…

Log into the administration panel (http://IP/PulseStation/administration/) using admin/admin and navigate to the store.

There is no ‘store’.

Then it says “Inside the store, install the services you would like to use”. But what services do I want to use? I’ve no idea.

Etc, etc, etc … there’s no clue to me for how to get started, none at all.

Miss Laura
    Miss Laura
    Modérateur

Excellent feedback, didn’t notice it ourselves.
    I’ve just added a page under the helpdesk dropdown menu, called “Developers”.
    This one explains the different ways how add your own code to PulseStation.

I will try to add more explanation asap.

Also: good point about the store, it used to call store, but we renamed it to Add-ons.
    Will change this guide.

I do not know which services you want to use neither, so that’s quite difficult for us to know for the user?
    We could indeed modify our walk-through the first time you start in order to explain better the services.

Have fun,
    Laura

Dancingbear
    Participant

I think you need to go right thru the FAQs, as they’re riddled with inaccuracies. For example, it talks about the mobile app and says to install the required service – which doesn’t exist as a service to install.

> I do not know which services you want to use neither, so that’s quite difficult for us to know for the user?

I know what I want to do: control my wemo lights. Turn them on and off, sometimes to a schedule, sometimes not, plus be able to dim them.

Your documentation doesn’t give me the first idea for how to do it – but even if I bought items from your store to control with Pulse (rather than wemo’s), I’d still have no idea of what I need to do.

(I’m away for the next week so won’t have the opportunity to look further at anything until I’m back.)

Miss Laura
    Miss Laura
    Modérateur

Our faq states under the “Mobile Android / iOS app”:
    “go to the Add-ons and install the Imperihome service”
    => Do you mean you cannot find the Imperihome service inside the Add-ons?

Because I do see the Imperihome service?

I’ll try to go through the faq, but since I wrote it together with K.Rens, we are quite blind for our own mistakes.

We are currently working on an ideas box, with precise examples how to control specific devices or set-up specific scenes.
    It’s not ready yet, but maybe we should launch it already, as there is some really good content in it already.

Have fun,
    Laura

Dancingbear
    Participant

my apologies, the Imperihome service is there. I’m not sure why I didn’t see it before.

Miss Laura
    Miss Laura
    Modérateur

Ok, I released it much earlier then planned, not everything has been documented yet how to do it, but the red links already work:

Please, all feedback on this page or missing ideas are welcome! 🙂

Have fun,
    Laura

12 sujets de 1 à 12 (sur un total de 12)

Vous devez être connecté pour répondre à ce sujet.