Trouble including the Fibaro Smoke Sensor

Gratis domotica Forums How can I …? Synology NAS Trouble including the Fibaro Smoke Sensor

Dit onderwerp bevat 52 reacties, heeft 5 stemmen, en is het laatst gewijzigd door Mika Mika 2 jaren, 10 maanden geleden.

15 berichten aan het bekijken - 16 tot 30 (van in totaal 53)
  • Auteur
    Mika
    Mika
    Sleutelbeheerder

all the parameters that I displayed come from the OpenZwave librairy.
    Maybe openzwave doesnt call it “Parameter 20” but normally it should be there.

Is the status of your device still “Probe” or is it “Complete” now ?
    Maybe I have to test the device by myself to be sure…

coldbringer
    Bijdrager

That’s a great idea! It’s a fantastic device, if only it worked :-))

I am experimenting a bit more. The one sensor is in “Probe” status (what is that?) but transmitting a temperature. It even updated the values a couple of times!! Hooray. A bit strange though. I went from 25.7 to 24.7 to 23.7 and is now stuck at 22.7, which is not the correct value. Another thermometer says 20.2

After a reset and re-inclusion of the second sensor it is now stuck in “SecurityReport” mode. What is that supposed to tell me? This one currently is not sending a temperature.

coldbringer
    Bijdrager

Ah, using parameter 21 (which is not shown either) you can set the threshold for the temperature change to be reported. Standard value is 1°C, that explains the values I mentioned above.

Mika
    Mika
    Sleutelbeheerder

Can you send me by mail the file /web/PulseStation/data/zwave.json and zwcfg*.xml ?
    See if you can find the parameter 21 in the properties.

Many thanks,
    Mikael

coldbringer
    Bijdrager

Hey Mika,

good job!!! I re-included one of the two sensors and after a while it was in “Probe” status (which seems to be the correct status for wake-up devices). The properties tab shows all relevant parameters of the smoke sensor that are listed in the manual. That includes parameter 20 and 21 for the temperature. Excellent!!!!

But still, I have issues :-).

1. With this sensor, I cannot modify the values. I have tried many times last night and today, newly entered values for parameters 20 and 21 will not be saved. Any ideas?

2. With my second sensor I did the same procedure, but it doesn’t work. The sensor remains in “SecurityReport” status and does neither transmit the temperature nor show the fibaro smoke sensor specific parameters in the properties tab. Any help with that?

Many thanks, have a good day

coldbringer
    Bijdrager

I can send the files, no problem. Just give me your email address.

Mika
    Mika
    Sleutelbeheerder

It’s a “wake-up” device so the value will be effective after the next wake up.
    For your second one, just check the distance between your controller and the device.

coldbringer
    Bijdrager

Alright!
    1) No, it doesn’t happen. I have waited 3x the wake-up interval, the values do not change. Regarding this, a little idea came to my mind: If it really worked the way you said you should display the current value (currently set in the device) plus the input box (value to be set in the next wake-up phase). That way the user can distinguish between the two.

2) Good idea, I put the sensor right next to the diskstation. The temperature is now being submitted. But this sensor still won’t show me all the cool fibaro parameters that I can see for the other smoke sensor. Another idea?

Thanks again

Mika
    Mika
    Sleutelbeheerder

I think that Koen has bought a smoke sensor. Just wait a little bit and we’ll come back to you…

coldbringer
    Bijdrager

cool!! fibaro should give you free stuff for testing

K.Rens
    Sleutelbeheerder

We asked.
    Fibaro does not give away free stuff + they even charged me more to buy their products for testing then if I would buy it in a local store here 😉

With the weekend in between, I expect delivery of the smoke sensor Tuesday or Wednesday.

Kind regards,
    K.Rens

Pete
    Bijdrager

Hi everyone,

I also just bought a Fibaro Smoke Detector and I would be glad to help and test things. 🙂

@coldbringer you mentioned that you were able to change the wake up interval manually, how did you do that? Changing the wakeup interval under Services -> Zwave -> smoke detector page 5 does not work for me…

Is it possible to poll the sensor with blockly?
    The Block “Refresh Device Information” does not seem to do that…

Thanks 🙂

Best regards
    Pete

coldbringer
    Bijdrager

Hey Pete,

no I am still unable to change the parameters either. I haven’t played with blockly in a while…

@Koen: Funny attitude there at Fibaro?! DataWize Ltd seems to have good prices for Fibaro stuff. http://www.datawize-smarthomes.com/

coldbringer
    Bijdrager

Hey @K.Rens, have you received the hardware yet?

cheers

K.Rens
    Sleutelbeheerder

Probably, but I haven’t been home yet this week.
    Sorry, will probably only be able to check it next week, when I’m home again.

Kind regards,
    K.Rens

15 berichten aan het bekijken - 16 tot 30 (van in totaal 53)

Je moet ingelogd zijn om een reactie op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.