– Say a welcome home message
– Announce the weather every morning at 8 o’clock
– Scare away thieves by talking to them
Below we’ll describe a simple scene that announces the weather every morning at 8 o’clock:
Option 1: using Sonos
1/ Configure the Sonos’s device
Once you have installed the Sonos’s service, add a Sonos’s device.
Complete the following parameters :
- sonos.ip – The ip of your Sonos
- sonos.tts.lang – The language of the text, we use the google translate functionnality
- sonos.tts.webpath – Path to the shared folder “web” of your Synology
2/ Create a scene
Now we can create the following scene to send a message to the Sonos :
Here are the explanations :
- We verify that it’s 8 o’clock.
- We store the actual volume level
- We set the volume we want for the announcement
- We create a custom message based on the weather’s service.
- We set the volume back to the previous level
Option 2: use the imperihome TTS (text-to-speech api)
You can use the Imperihome app to talk to you.
In the example below, we will make your device say something when the alarm is turned on and motion is detected:
All you need to do is
1) Enable the API inside the imperihome settings (Settings / General Preferences / Integration / Enable API HTTP SERVER),
2) Change your IP in the bottom block inside blocky.
Just separate all words with %20 and it should work.