It’s time to take the next step in your home automation:
- Start coffee machine 5 minutes before alarm goes off in the morning
- Slowly enable lights in the bedroom and hallway if it’s still dark outside
- Start heating the house 20 minutes before the alarm goes off
- Flash a light if I need to go to bed, so you sleep enough
All this is possible thanks to 2 great apps:
- Set your alarm ready inside Sleep as Android
- Open Tasker app
- Under profiles, tap on the + sign bottom right
- Select “Event” / “Plugin” / “Sleep” and press the edit icon next to “Configuration”
- Now you get a whole list of things you could use as a trigger for actions or scenes inside Pulse-Station.
- In this example I will turn off my lights when I start the sleep tracking, so I select “Sleep analysis started”
- I tap the top left back < icon
- Next up I want to create a new task linked to this event, so that I can actually turn of the light. I select “New Task” and give it a name.
- Then I am inside the task edit screen, here I press the bottom + icon to add a new action to it.
- I select “Net” / “HTTP Get”
- Now we need to enter the command we want to send to Pulse-Station to execute.
- This is documented here. But I will just run a scene:
- Under Server:Port I enter the ip running Pulse-Station, followed by the port. Eg: 192.168.1.2:4020
- Under Path I enter the command to be executed, eg: message=1%7CHUB%7Cscene%7CRUN%7CLights.xml (capital sensitive)
(The %7C is just a | character that is URL encoded. The actual message I am sending is: message=1|HUB|scene|RUN|Lights.xml )
Note: you have to create the Blocky rule to turn off the lights as well. In this case I have to save it as “Lights”
With this combination the sky is the limit. 🙂
Please do not hesitate to ask for help in case you are stuck on our forum.