This is the new generation of Z-wave plus usb sticks.
With this USB stick, you can convert your computer, mac, Raspberry Pi and NAS (Synology, …) into a true home automation system.
It allows you to control almost any Z-wave device, wirelessly!
Z-Wave Plus™ is a new certification program designed to help consumers identify products that take advantage of the recently introduced ‘Next Gen’ Z-Wave hardware platform, also know as 500 Series, 5th Generation Z-Wave for Gen5.
Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance the end user experience and make Z-Wave installations even faster and easier to install and set up.
Z-Wave Plus Features
- Significant increased range
- 50% improvement in battery life (of wireless devices)
- 250% more bandwidth
- Three F channels for improved noise immunity and higher bandwidth
- New Plug-n-Play Network-wide Inclusion feature
- Improved self-healing and fault tolerance with Explorer Frame feature
- Standardised method for Over the Air firmware updates (OTA)
- Improved product information capture for product certification database
Model name: ZU1401EU
You can control op to 232 devices!
Z-Wave SDK: ZDK6.XX and above (Z-Wave Plus)
Wireless Transceiver Frequencies: 868.42MHz
Wireless Range: up to 100 m in open field, > 40 m in rooms
Supports Z-Wave Beaming Technology and Z-Wave Network Security
Note: in case you doubt between usb key’s, do not buy the ZME_UZB1, we stopped selling it due to lag and bad response.
You better invest in this usb key!
Serial port-name to control it: /dev/cu.usbmodemfa131(OSX) or /dev/ttyACM0 (Linux)
Performance recommendation: Applying an USB-USB extender cable of min. 10 cm will always provide the best radio experience.